My Critique of Michell Schnurman's article on healthcare costs

On October 6th, 2019, Michell Schnurmann wrote an article  called "Over $20,000 for health coverage? Prices are too high even for those with company insurane". The article talks about the rising costs of healthcare in the United States. Shcnurmann explains that in surveys over the past few years, that healthcare costs have continued to rise with current costs for the average family consisting of $20,000 yearly.  I believe his intended audience is for business employers and their employees. He states that while hospitals and insurance companies continue to raise their prices for healthcare/deductibles, that the business aren't "fighting back" by saying no and walking away. This leads to employees having to pay a lot out of their paychecks each month, to provide healthcare for their families.

I really agree with Schnurmanns points. I currently can't afford insurance coverage for my 2 children and myself. The amount that would be deducted from my paycheck monthly would be over $200, which I can't afford. This causes a lot of concern to me as parent, one of Schnurmanns intended audiences.

The other 2 types of people that I believe he is aiming his article at, are business owners and employees. He continuously brings up ways that the business employers could do, in order to change the way that our systems work. He not only does that but he provides many citations, sources, and surveys to back up his credibility. All in all, its a great article and worth the read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing American's Tuesday voting day

Paid Maternity Leave for Both Parents

My Critique of Christian Smiths Fight for DACA